On rare occasions in life we find ourselves sitting across from the kingmakers of the world who have the power to make dreams a reality. The type of people who have the means to connect some of the dots that you always thought would be impossible in a snap of their fingers. Robert Mills is a Senior Vice Presidents at ABC who is in charge of, among many other things, Disney’s special television events. He helps share Walt’s vision with people in the parks and across the globe who want to experience whatever magic they can from the comfort of their living rooms. Mark puts on his mouse ears and sits down with Robert to revel in the genius behind Disneyland, Fast Pass Strategies, and even throws out a pitch to take 1313 Disneyland Drive back onto tv screens everywhere. Today’s Adventure In Design will remind you to stay connected with whatever moves you and to always wear your heart on your sleeve because you just might be talking with someone who can do something about it.
- The innocence of the animal kingdom and their loose grip on their mortality.
- Our lack of understanding, our fear of failure, and our checklists that can feel a bit overwhelming.
- Observation and intimidation.
- The quest for citizenship and Mark's best self.
- Continually upgraded rigs and professional reality show contestants.
- If you show up then you have to shut it down.
- Disneyland as a ghost town.
- Sharing the magic with the rest of the world and the sixtieth anniversary special.
- Inside Walt's apartment and his last gamble.
- Genius power and the what-could-have-beens.
- Does Disneyland shoot small?
- The other side of Walt's coin.
- Seeing the park through the eyes of other people and keep g it special.
- Mark's Peter Pan Strategy and other Fast Pass insider secrets.
- Making memories in the park that last forever... no matter where you are.
- Overcoming indoctrination, bringing back Walt's brand of entertainment, and the Love Actually pitch.
- Being a fan and respecting the legacy.
- Bob Iger, John Lasseter, and the visionaries that run a fine tooth comb through all things Disney.
TEAM CITIZENS OF DISNEYLAND UNITE
Direct download: AID635i2.m4a
-- posted at: 12:00am PDT