It's time to revise how you think about design from a globe spanning team so confident in their work they don't allow revisions at all, The Forefathers Group. Kick Frankenstein-ing to the curb with Jonden, Matthew, and Emir as they walk us through how they approach telling a brand's story and how they have separated themselves in an undercutting, self-sabotaging market overflowing with designers willing to bend the knee to the whim of any client who thinks they know better. The Forefathers Group holds fast to a set of design principles that reflect their respect for the craft of creation that their body of work so perfectly exemplifies. It's so rare to hear a story like theirs and one we all need to remember to take back some of the dignity and reverence that we all know design deserves. Whether you met them at Creative South, followed them when e-cards were still a thing, or use their digital action sets, you need to hear what The Forefathers are up to now.
- The power of the internet and Every Time I Die brought The Forefathers Group together from across the globe.
- Learning a division of labor the hard way.
- The responsive brand board that shows the whole universe being built.
- Flourishes, balance, and using all your pieces to effectively tell a story.
- The Declaration behind limited revisions and controlling client interactions for the best result.
- Website design in a post-Squarespace world that developed a premium tier.
- Taking your punk rock mentality into uncharted territory.
- Giant cups and concentrates.
- The saturated design market that undercuts and copies itself.
- Pinning down industry pricing.
- What it's like to work with the pros and Dribble's widespread effect on design.
Circle Of Trust Talking Points
- The Pro Path that separates you from Three Thirty Jones.
- Diving deep and bending the rules to arrogantly say "I told you so."
- Multiple income streams and the pros of digital content over physical.
- Side hustles, life preservers, and the Whorefathers.
- New team members on the horizon, the heavy toll of increased responsibility, and accounting for accounting.
- The real Emir.
TEAM SCARY EMIR / ANTI CHURCH EMIR
Direct download: AID615i.m4a
-- posted at: 12:00am PDT