The Double Dave bonanza on Shop Talk continues but this time we have David Smith and Dave Kloc breaking down the week with Mark. Everyone on today's episode brings their perspectives on financial strategies and how the ebb and flow of a Net 30 lifestyle can wear on you. Also Dave, Dave and Mark have all recently dealt with some professional pivots in their careers and the mental fortitude it takes to make it through an uncertain time in life that comes to just about everyone. This Shop Talk gets deep at a moment's notice and always knows how to come back up for some light hearted air so be ready for a rollercoaster of emotions similar to the one you're most likely on financially if you're a freelancer. Now let's go find that guy with the twenty grand and get another paddle in the water.
- The difference between small corporations, big dollar, and the freelance life.
- Getting emo in LA with all it's isolation.
- Choosing happiness over financial comfort.
- The rollercoaster of the grind or being chained to your paycheck.
- Financial strategies, multiple bank accounts, and staying ready for tax season.
- Buying equipment that you've earned.
- How one project should greenlight the next two.
- The Net 30 or Net 60 that can sabotage your motivation.
- Money, work, and the emotional side of getting paid (what you're worth).
- Both sides of the fence on privilege.
- The first VHS you ever watched.
- Bad money and more paddles in the river.
- Is working with the big boys even worth it?
- Building blocks versus road blocks.
- Natural selection in the creative community.
- Decreasing the distance between whats in your head and whats on the page.
- Professional pivots.
- Design past branding and the the importance of the right connections.
- Staying innovative when you;re an OB.
- The luxury of moving on from something once you're bored with it.
- What is crucial in your balance of life?
- Setting up boundaries and the mental shift it has on productivity.
- Does everyone feel behind? Does anyone feel respected?
- Getting stuck and living in the moment to appreciate what you have.
- Fighting for different results.
- Who can't you let down?
- Strength of character, sacrifice, and being kind.
- Making your work ethic less volatile than your bank account.
- The success of investing in yourself emotionally.
Direct download: AID513i.m4a
-- posted at: 11:53pm PDT