Bang The Turkey Drumstick because its time for some Thanksgiving Shop Talk. Fill up your plate and meet Mark, Billy, and OK Pants over at the Kid's Table for a double helping the advice you can only get from AID. Business is on everyone's mind as the holidays approach from that one big job that always stretches you to your limits to planning out what 2017 might look like. During these hectic seasons having your mission in mind is a reliable guide for determining where you choose to devote your limited time and energy. Be thankful for your creative passion and hopefully this Shop Talk will help you fine tune how to approach your business better whether you're a solopreneur, an boutique agency co-owner, or a Side Hustle Jones. Happy Thanksgiving from the entire AID Universe!
- That big project that always shows up around October.
- The Dark Ages of January and the ebb and flow of freelance.
- Frames without pictures in them.
- The running meter of life and the certainty you can't buy.
- CEO Fudge Packing and being dumb with ambition.
- Illustrations that take too much time and aren't even up to our standards.
- Option Paralysis and being more like Anne.
- A Director's Commentary on The Wizard Of Oz poster.
- The pride of someone's paycheck.
- Fiats, Civics, and springing for power windows.
- Holiday Havoc in Cleveland and some event planning strategies.
- Knowing you got the name and the follow up exercises in futility.
- Taking control of the situation with your own boundaries.
- Black Friday and minding the law of diminishing returns.
- Teal Tuesday and being proactive while you cut through the noise.
- Black Fartday. Discount Code: Whatever.
- Understanding Shopify metrics.
- Ok Pants to OK Slacks to OK Pantsuit (eventually).
- Freewriting, outlines, pulling out steps and finding actionable plans.
- Tying yourself to clients and the point of making a plan.
- Next year for DDL and overcoming the initial hurdles.
- The OK Pants Plan and saying yes to to what moves your company forward.
- How to focus on art and how to attract better clients.
- Is it a good thing that Delicious is losing two designers?
- AID Interviews beyond Illustrators.
- The passion for design.
- Thanksgiving plans, Turkey Tartar, and what everyone is grateful for.
- The push and pull of wanting to provide more and seeing past material things.
- Keep it as Fugazi as possible.
Direct download: AID490i.m4a
-- posted at: 12:15pm PST